Wednesday, November 23, 2011

At the Thanksgiving Table...

H A P P Y   T H A N K S G I V I N G


 "Let us be grateful to the people who make us happy; they are the charming
 gardeners who make our souls blossom." 
Marcel Proust

I remember wonderful Thanksgivings as a child. Everyone would gather at the table - crisp linen cloth, beautiful china, heirloom silver - and my mother would sweep through the door with a glistening, perfectly-roasted turkey.


Here are some things that would create a beautiful day of Thanksgiving...



An inviting table to fill with abundance...






Napkins rolled and dressed just so...


Lovely dinner plates and centerpieces




Thoughtful place cards...


And while the turkey is resting...drinks and hors'doeuvres...



Then the bird and all the fixings...




Desserts, of course...




And, the next day...my favorite part...the piled-high sandwich!




All photos from Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment